June 3, 2013

SUPERVISOR CELEBRATION

J found out this past Friday he was getting a promotion and raise!  The official congratulatory work e-mail went out today.  Hip hip hooray for J!  I am incredibly excited for him. He works really hard and is fortunate enough to be employed at a company that regularly acknowledges and rewards this.  Instead of a Senior Accountant, he's now a Supervisor.  Woo hoo!

We celebrated Friday by going to dinner at Toups'.  It's really close to the house so J wanted to walk.  But alas, it was really hot outside.  Yes, it's exceptionally hot and humid in NOLA already.  Plus, the weather channel had been calling for storms all day so I insisted we drive around the corner.  Reluctantly, J agreed.  2 minutes (0.3 miles) later and we were there!  J and I had a lovely dinner.  The mint juleps and cracklins were my favorite part!  The sun was still shining when we walked outside after dinner.

Later that evening, when our bellies weren't full, we decided to grab some dessert at Angelo Brocato.  Angelo Brocato is a bit further from the house, but not by much.  Since J had wanted to walk earlier to dinner, I suggested we could walk to get dessert.  "I thought you said it's too hot," he told me.  "The sun is down so it's cooler now," I replied.  "The rain," he questioned?  "The weather man obviously got it wrong," I answered.  Away we went on foot.  Half way there, we felt it!  Heavens to Betsy!  The sprinkling had started!  Luckily, we were able to get our desserts and get home before melting!

Toup's Meatery in Mid-City


I am SO proud of him!

Pitcher of Mint Juleps

Hot Cracklins (our favorite food of the night)

Finished off the evening with some sweet treats from Angelo Brocato.

It's official!

No comments:

Post a Comment