June 10, 2013

MAILBOX RENO

I have a secret... J and I have been living with an ugly mailbox.  I've hated it from day one.  I know it's an easy thing to replace but we rent.  I don't want to put money into something we don't own, even if it's only $30.  $4?  That's another story!  I bought some sandpaper, a can of spray paint, and went to town yesterday.  It was so easy and looks so much better.  I should have done this forever ago.  See the transformation below...


This is what I started with.  The original mailbox in all its glory.

The mailbox after sanding.

I started applying light coats of paint with a few minutes drying time between each coat.

I think I applied one more coat after this picture and then let the mailbox dry overnight.

All done!  The new and improved mailbox is back in its rightful spot.

This is a shot of our porch from a distance...The mailbox looks good, right? And who is loving the colorful flags!?! That's the standout to me.  Remember I mentioned buying the Louisiana prayer flags HERE? J and I put them up over the weekend. I find myself walking out front throughout the day just to see them. Hopefully my obsession will wane as time goes on ;)


One last look...

No comments:

Post a Comment