February 27, 2012

LAX



Hip hip hooray for lacrosse in New Orleans! Here's a little Wikipedia lesson for those who don't even know what lacrosse is...

"Lacrosse is a team sport of Native American origin played using a small rubber ball and a long-handled stick called a crosse or lacrosse stick, mainly played in the United States and Canada. It is a contact sport which requires padding. The head of the lacrosse stick is strung with loose mesh designed to catch and hold the lacrosse ball."

The LSU club lacrosse team played the Ole Miss club lacrosse team this past Saturday right here in NOLA at the City Park Pan Am Stadium. Of course I had to go! In Maryland and all up and down the East coast, lacrosse is pretty serious business. My Dad played growing up and later went on to coach, my brothers played, I played, our cousins played, my friends played, and so on. I have great memories of my Dad taking me and my brothers to the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships at the University of Maryland's Byrd Stadium. This past Saturday didn't draw quite the same crowd but it was fun nonetheless. The game ended up being very exciting. It was tied 11-11 at the end so it headed into overtime. The Rebels ended up winning in the last 20 something seconds of overtime. J was happy :) You'll get 'em next time Tigers!


LSU Lacrosse Team - February 25, 2012
GEAUX TIGERS!

Jenna, Lauren, Me - February 25, 2012
Thanks for coming girls.  This was their first lacrosse game ever!

J - February 25, 2012
Don't let that face fool ya!  J got into the game and actually enjoyed himself.

Professional photos from the game thanks to www.LAXAllStars.com...




Can you spot Jenna, Lauren, me, & J in the crowd?

No comments:

Post a Comment