February 16, 2012

CHICAGO


J and I are leaving on a jet plane!  We fly up to Chicago tonight after work and are spending almost a week visiting my parents since we have days off school and work for Mardi Gras.  Yes, we are skipping Mardi Gras this year.  We met our plastic bead quota long ago thanks to all that flashing J did.  Trust me, you've never seen such a pretty chest!

My Chicago to-do list:

- pictures in front of cloud gate (aka "the bean")
- a jumbo hot dog from Portillo's
- catch a Bull's game
- stuffed pizza from Giordanos
- go to the top of the John Hancock Center
- have a run-in with Oprah

I know.  That last one may be pretty difficult to pull off.  Optimism people, optimism!  Any other suggestions for us?  J and I really wanted to check out Wrigley Field but it's of course not baseball season yet.  We'll have to go to a Cubs game on our next visit.

By the way, my first trip to Chicago was with my Dad, Mom, and youngest brother Kyle in 2006.  Benjamin didn't join us and I can't recall why not.  My Dad had to go for business so Mom, Kyle, and I tagged along for some sightseeing.  Poor Dad was in meetings all day while we were busy playing at Navy Pier and Sears Tower.  Some old photographs from the family getaway...

Navy Pier


White Sox Game

Giordanos


Sears Tower

Laissez le bon temps rouler NOLA!  Hold down the fort while we trek up north!

No comments:

Post a Comment