October 18, 2013

COPPERPLATE CALLIGRAPHY

I had my first class today at the New Orleans School of Art & Craft.  I had mentioned last month HERE that I signed up for a few lessons.  Today's focus was Copperplate Calligraphy.  I really really enjoyed it.  My hand was killing me by the end of the class (pressing too hard?) but I could already see a difference in my lettering from when I had started just hours earlier.  Definitely want to keep up with it and continue practicing.


New Orleans School of Art & Craft in the Bywater.

Lots and lots of supplies.

Practice makes perfect.

Getting better already...

Playing around with different inks.  Really liked the yellow and white.

2 comments:

  1. How cool! How do you know smear the in before it dries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! The ink dries surprisingly fast so smearing wasn't an issue. I was also writing really slow and nowhere near my normal pace so that may have had something to do with it too. In the last "geaux tigers" pic you'll see the green ink is smeared. That was something I did messing around with the pen though and not my hand. The green ink kept suddenly blobbing and dripping. I was not a fan.

    ReplyDelete