September 13, 2013

NEW ORLEANS SCHOOL OF ART & CRAFT

I signed up for a few art classes today at The New Orleans School of Art & Craft. The school offers classes in mosaics, metalsmithing, jewelry making, sculpture, stained glass, mixed media, printmaking, puppet making, papermaking, bookbinding, calligraphy, drawing, watercolors, acrylics, and oil painting.  Whew!  That's a lot of stuff!  My two classes in October will be handwriting focused.  Anybody want to join me?  I'm taking the Introduction to Calligraphy: Copperplate class and the Playful Lettering/Neuland Hand class.  I'm really excited!  Both classes are taught by Eugenia Uhl.  The website says she is a calligrapher and photographer from New Orleans who has practiced the art of calligraphy for 12 years. She also served as President of the New Orleans Lettering Arts Association from 2008-2010.  I didn't even know there was such an organization.  I'd love to take a printmaking class as well but nothing is currently offered.  Perhaps down the line...  Anyway, here are some images from the school website about what I can expect to learn in the classes...


2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! I wish there was something offered that like around here. But then again, I have no time for it. Have fun, and post your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived a tad bit closer ;) we could do it together! I'll definitely post pics of the finished product in October!

    ReplyDelete