October 5, 2013

TROPICAL STORM KAREN


J and I are ready to welcome Tropical Storm Karen to NOLA.  I broke out our emergency hurricane stash... 2 boxes of Pop-Tarts, 4 cans of SpaghettiOs, 8 gallons of water, and a huge heavy duty Maglite.  I figure the Maglite is dual purpose.  Light provider/weapon should any looters come around.  The National Hurricane Center reported that Karen's winds have dropped to 40 mph. That makes it barely a tropical storm. The rain is supposed to come tonight, last all day Sunday, and go into Monday. For now I'll enjoy the blue skies my pup Bayou and I saw on our walk this morning...


P.S. - See the black dot in the photograph?  What is THAT?  I stopped and took 3 pictures of the same cloud and the black dot is in a different spot in each time.  It was moving y'all!  Gotta be UFO, right?! Okay okay, possibly an oddly shaped airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment