October 31, 2012

TRICK OR TREAT

What is a mummy's favourite type of music?
Rap music!

Why didn't Dracula have any friends?
He was a pain in the neck!

Why wasn't there any food left after the monster party?
Because everyone was a goblin!


Happy Halloween y'all!  If you recall, my place of employment has an annual pumpkin carving contest. Here were some of last year's pumpkins the various departments did. And here are some of this year's pumpkins...

elephant pumpkin

skull pumpkin

um... very scary pumpkin

r2d2 pumpkin

giraffe pumpkin

saints pumpkin

eyeball pumpkin

pumpkin going to the bathroom "makin pie"

I work with some pretty talented (and pretty sick) people, huh? :)  At home, I really wanted to do colorful painted pumpkins for our front porch.  Something like this...




I simply ran out of time and never got around to it.  I think J and I would have had a lot of fun getting our hands dirty though.  The idea is so easy.  You use painter's tape to block off the sections you don't want painted.  I took these pics from the Young House Love blog.  Click here to read their specific step by step instructions.  Guess I'll have to wait until next year to give it a go....

No comments:

Post a Comment