April 3, 2012

SINGER SEWING TABLE

My Mom has the base of an old Singer sewing table. She's had it for as long as I can remember. When we lived in Maryland the table was in our living room and had a cream base topped with a thick piece of dark brown wood. When we lived in Alabama the table made it's way up to my room. The base was painted a bright white and the wood top had been painted with a blue multspec effect. Most recently, when my parents moved to Illinois, the table got another makeover. My parents had leftover marble from the fireplace surround and had a rectangle cut out to replace the wood top. J and I happened to be visiting as the project was taking place so I snapped some photos. I think the finished product turned out beautifully.







J's parents got me an old Singer sewing table for Christmas last year.  They made the purchase at an auction.  I was so excited when they told me!  And my table still has the original top and sewing machine with it!  I don't have any pictures and can't take any since it's all the way in Tennessee.  As I've mentioned before, J and I have hardly any room in our tiny one bedroom shotgun.  So until we move into a larger place, in Tennessee the table will stay.  We're just appreciative that J's parents have room to keep so much of our stuff.  I'm not sure how I want to transform my table yet.  I'll have to keep searching Google images for inspiration...

Bathroom Sink & Vanity perhaps?

Or maybe I'll use it as a desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment