April 23, 2012

ALISHA'S CYBER BABY SHOWER


We had my sister-in-law Alisha's baby shower yesterday.  It was a cyber baby shower since Alisha and Benjamin are living the good life in Hawaii for the next few years.  They have friends and family all over the country.  All over the world really.  So a cyber baby shower seemed like a perfect fit.  Invitations were mailed to 16 different states and Germany!  Ashley Gatewood and I hosted the online get-together with the help of FreeConferenceCall.com (so people could talk and listen) and Justin.tv (so people could watch and listen).  And while she wants no credit, my Mom helped out immensely as well. Alisha had a great time and I'm so happy we were able to put something together for her despite the distance. Thank you so much to everyone who called in/logged in and participated. You helped make it an extra special day for Alisha!

Invitations

My cookie wrap station.  I had 45 cookie favors to package and mail out!

Every guest got a bib, carriage, and rattle cookie.  These cookies are delicious by the way.  A local New Orleanian named Joan Farrell-Mathis made them for me.  People around town actually refer to her as the "cookie lady."  Hopefully all the cookies held up in shipping.

Alisha & Benjamin's cookies are ready to go!

This is what the finished favors looked like.  Although,  I'll be honest... a few hours in to it I stopped curling the ribbon.  My back was killing me and I could barely keep my eyes open.  1:00am was waaaay past my bedtime.  (My college self is rolling her eyes right now at the thought of going to bed before 3:00am)

The NOLA themed baby shower gift J and I got for Alisha.  Our future niece and nephew won't be born in Louisiana, but I always want them to feel like it's their home away from home :) 

Watching Benjamin & Alisha live during the shower.  Not only were invited guests watching the shower but random people as well.  Kind of creepy the more I think about it.  Most of the random people sent one sentence comments or questions but someone from Japan sent a lengthy message discussing their grandnephew and included 4 photographs!

Uncle J & Aunt K love you already babies!  We can't wait to meet you in July!

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I read the words on the onesies it makes me laugh!!!

    "My parents found me in a King Cake!"

    I think that would make a great title for a book!!!

    ReplyDelete