January 9, 2014

HAWAII TRIP: DOLE PLANTATION, CLARK LITTLE, & SURFING

This is the last blog entry in our Hawaii series.  Enjoy!

12/30/13
This was our last full day in Hawaii.  Kyle had already flown home to San Diego at this point.  So the remaining guys woke up that morning and went golfing.  Daddy took some pictures of Benjamin and J out on the course.

12/30/13

12/30/13
While the boys were golfing, my Mom and I planned our own fun day.  Alisha was kind enough to stay at home with all the babies.  Hopefully they behaved!  First up was the Dole Pineapple Plantation.

12/30/13
I'm a hula girl!

12/30/13
A baby pineapple.  They grow in the ground by the way.  Did you know that?  In my head I always pictured them growing on trees.

12/30/13

12/30/13
Me and Mama Mia <3

12/30/13
My Mom and I had lunch at the Dole Plantation Grille before leaving.  It was really good!  I was shocked by how amazing the food was actually.  I had the Kalua Pork Quesadilla topped with Hawaiian BBQ sauce and fresh pineapple tomato salsa.  My Mom had the Teriyaki Chicken on an island-baked sweet roll bun.  We split a Pineapple Float for dessert.

12/30/13
After Dole, my Mom and I drove to the North Shore to visit the Clark Little Gallery.  You have no idea how much I love Clark Little!  Love love love his wave photography!  I actually wrote a blog post about him HERE in 2012 if you want to check it out.  Such an amazing opportunity to visit the gallery and see his images up close.  I'll be the proud owner of a "Sand Monster" aluminum print one of these days.  Mark my words :)

12/30/13

12/30/13
Once my Mom and I finished up at Clark Little (and did some shopping at HE>i), we met up with the boys to watch some surfing action.  J got a surf lesson from Sergio.  Sergio started Island Style Surf School.  Very cool guy!  Highly recommend him!  And since Benjamin had already taken a few surfing lessons from Sergio, he rented a board and did his own thing.

12/30/13
Sergio teaching J the way of the waves.  Practice (in the sand) makes perfect.

12/30/13
J and Sergio paddling out...

12/30/13
Benj off in the distance catching a wave.

12/30/13
These cute golden retrievers were hanging at the beach while their Mamma (a human) taught surf lessons.  They were such good dogs!

12/30/13
Benjum Noodles finished surfing for the day.

12/30/13
Wet hugs for Dad!

12/30/13
Awww.  Mom, Benjamin, and Daddy.

12/30/13
J catching his first wave!  Go baby go!

12/30/13
My very own surfer dude.  Love the lighting in this photo!  Love it so much I actually ordered a giant version to frame and hang in the house.

Sadly, our trip then came to an end.  We flew home to NOLA the next day leaving behind the sunshine and warmth of Oahu.  This was such a wonderful vacation.  One of our favorites!  Hawaii is a beautiful place and we're dreaming of the day we get to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment