May 25, 2013

NUMERO CUATRO


As of May 16th, J and I have been married for 4 years!  2009 to 2013, baby!  It feels like just yesterday we were exchanging vows at St. George's.  We did not get to spend our actual anniversary together this year which was hard.  Instead of being extra happy I was extra sad :(  I was six hours away at Ole Miss for a grad school session and J was... well... home in New Orleans.  So it's completely my fault.  Next time I have a scheduling conflict with school I'll just call Ole Miss and have them change their academic calendar on my behalf.  I'm sure that'll work, right?

When J and I were together again and able to celebrate, it was fantastic!  After my long drive home yesterday, I called J to let him know I was about to park on our street.  I paralleled and saw J come running down the sidewalk with flowers and champagne.  He gave me a huge hug, huge kiss, and I had a huge smile across my face.  We spent the rest of the evening catching up and cuddling on the couch.  Perfection!  Happy (belated) Anniversary to my best friend!  I'm so happy to be home!

05/12/13 - I hid J's anniversary card in his underwear drawer before I left!

05/24/13 - J gave me the cutest (and softest) card when I got home.

 05/24/13 - Beautiful flowers from my baby!

05/16/09 - We'll have our cake and eat it too!

07/12/13 - My anniversary gift for J FINALLY arrived via FedEx.
3 weeks to make and deliver?  How about more like 7+ weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment