May 5, 2013

EL DIA DE LA BATALLA DE PUEBLA

Hola!  Happy Cinco de Mayo! Or as they call it in Mexico, El Día de la Batalla de Puebla. In the U.S., we observe today as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. But south of the border, May 5th is used to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  In college, Cinco de Mayo was crazy!  Things always got pretty wild at LSU but Cinco de Mayo took things to another level.  I'll spare you the details since my mother and father read this blog but I may or may not be allowed back at Serranos Salsa Company on Highland ;)  Luckily, I've outgrown my party animal ways and we celebrated today by having a potluck with friends.  I made Margarita Cupcakes and J made Mexican Rice.  All the food brought was delicious but I forgot to take pics during the party.  You can at least enjoy the 2 shots below... Adios mi amigo!

Margarita Cupcakes
Recipe HERE from Created by Diane

Mexican Rice
Recipe HERE from Created by Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment