September 17, 2011

THE GRADES ARE IN

We completed our NOLA burger challenge a few days ago!  

Company Burger on 09/10/11
Cowbell on 09/14/11
Juicy Lucy's on 09/02/11
Tru Burger on 08/26/11

In all my broken leg hoopla, I had not gotten a chance to write the post.  First, let me share what J and I used to grade our burgers...


One of my amazing friends (love you Lizikins!) created the nifty hamburger grading rubric above.  She's a teacher in Northwest Arkansas.  Don't you totally think that is something a teacher would make?!?  She and her friends are still in the process of tasting their 11 burgers in and around the Fayetteville area.  Her exact words, "we put our quest on hold as we got a little burgered-out, but we hope to pick it up when it is cool enough to eat greasy burgers again."  With only 4 to try, J and I didn't run into that issue.

Okay, time for the grades.  Can I get a drum roll please...


COMPANY BURGER:
K = 15 pts & J = 17 pts





COWBELL:
K = 16 pts & J = 13 pts


JUICY LUCY'S:
 K = 12 pts & J = 18 pts



TRU BURGER:
K = 16 pts & J = 13 pts



Further broken down...

K's TOTALS 
1st - Cowbell / Tru Burger (tied)
3rd - Company Burger 
4th - Juicy Lucy’s 

J's TOTALS
1st - Juicy Lucy’s 
2nd - Company Burger 
4th - Cowbell / Tru Burger (tied)

Hmm, not a clear consensus.  Not to mention we weren't really thrilled with the way our tally turned out. So to determine the winner, we decided to go grab burgers for lunch today. Out of the 4 restaurants, where did we pick to go? What were we craving? Which burger truly stole our hearts? Company Burger! And there you have it folks, according to our expertise, Company Burger is the best new burger joint in NOLA! Stop the presses. Alert the media. Please keep in mind there were certainly no losers out of the bunch. Despite my last place ranking for Juicy Lucy's, I think they had the best onion rings. J ranked Tru Burger last, but they had an amazing peanut butter chocolate milkshake. So chin up to our 4th place contestants.

What will J and I try next? Any suggestions? I'm thinking best charbroiled oysters or perhaps fried shrimp po' boys. I'll let you know once we decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment