September 18, 2011

THE DUDE ABIDES


J and I watched The Big Lebowski last night under the stars courtesy of NOLA Drive-In.  We met up with some of J's friends from work.  The movie was screened on the rooftop of a parking garage (848 Carondelet Street) and was $5 per person for entry.  People came on foot, bikes, mopeds, and of course cars.  They had beer and pizza for sale once you reached the top level.  It was SO much fun!! I definitely want to go again!!  The weather was amazing and the skyline view was beautiful.  On the NOLA Drive-In Facebook page, they said they are thinking of doing a horror flick for Halloween.  I'm not a fan of scary movies but I'll go anyway just for the atmosphere of it all.  The only thing that would have made the night more perfect... a White Russian ;)





2 comments:

  1. By the way, I can knit that sweater The Dude is wearing in the movie poster (for a fee, of course--it would take a while to do)! The sweater was actually an original from a mill in Minnesota, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas gift idea for J? ;) I didn't know the original was from Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete