September 14, 2011

FIBULA

I broke my leg yesterday :(




My fibula bone to be exact.  Dr. Peacock (isn't that an awesome name?!?) from East Jefferson After Hours taught me the leg has 2 bones.  A big fat bone called the tibia and a skinny bone called the fibula.  I broke the skinny one which means a much easier recovery.  Thank goodness!


The details?  Well, J and I were jogging around beautiful Bayou St. John with the pups in tow last night.  Trying to get in shape and all.  Most of the path is grass and dirt.  However, there are occasionally small squares of concrete near steps that lead down to the water.  There is a slight difference in elevation, maybe an inch or two.  As I was approaching the concrete slab I tripped and fell.  I immediately heard a *SNAP CRACKLE POP* and started to cry.  I couldn't move my leg, let alone stand up and try to walk home.  We were less than a mile from the house so J took the dogs and ran back to get a car.  He told me Walnut kept stopping to turn around and look for me the whole way home.  Bayou on the other hand... not so much.  He returned with the car and off to Urgent Care we went.  They gave me a temporary splint (as seen in the first photo above) until I could see an orthopedic surgeon this morning.  I was praying the whole way there I wouldn't have to get one of the hard casts made from plaster.  I lucked out and received the big and heavy black boot instead!  I get to wear this beauty for the next 6-8 weeks...


1 comment:

  1. Aww. I hope you feel better soon! Hope we can sign it! lol

    Keisha

    ReplyDelete