June 15, 2011

YOU AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A HOUND DOG

J and I drove to Memphis, Tennessee last Friday... home of the blues, birthplace of rock and roll, barbecued pork capital of the world, home of Memphis in May and location of Elvis' Graceland!  We spent the weekend celebrating the nuptials of my childhood friend Kristen Beazley (now Mrs. McGlasson!). Kristen and the rest of the Beazley family (Father: Tom, Mother: Kappi, Sister: Dede) moved next door in 1986 when my family lived in Reisterson, Maryland. I have great memories of growing up with the Beazley girls! We shared clothing, watched Hey Dude on Nickelodeon, sang along with the Beach Boys, vacationed in the Outer Banks, got soaked on repeated rides of Canyon River Rapids at Hershey Park, ate lots of Cup O Noodles and played regular games of Kick the Can with the rest of Walgrove Court. I cried when Mr. Tom got a new Headmaster position and the family moved to New Jersey. My 2 best friends were gone :(  Lucky for me, our parents managed to keep in touch, without the help of Facebook and cell phones mind you.  Some feat, right?!  And now here we are 25 years later...  So lots of congratulations to you Mr. & Mrs. McGlasson!  Thank you for letting us share and take part in your special day!  Hopefully Dede will get married soon and we can do it all over again!

In addition to the Beazley crew, J and I got to see my parents this weekend!  We had not seen Keen Kaiva and Brian "Mos Def" Huff since Kyle's winging this past February in Pensacola.  4 months is too long :(  And... the icing on the cake... wait for it... we got to see Benjamin and Alisha!  We had not seen Benjamin since his return from Iraq so it was wonderful hanging out and spending time with the two of them.  You'll notice Kyle is not in a single photograph below.  He was missing in action... busy flying naval helicopters in San Diego or something like that ;)

Without further adieu... pictures from our weekend in Memphis...

6/10/11 - rehearsal dinner at Ronnie Grisanti

6/10/11 - Alisha, Benjamin, J & me at the rehearsal dinner

6/10/11 - Kristen, me & Dede at Fox & Hound after the rehearsal dinner

6/10/11 - J is an avid ping pong player

6/10/11 - the bride & groom partaking in wedding cake shots

6/10/11 - Benj, me, J & Alisha playing pool
(I made 3 shots in a row!  My new record!)

6/11/11 - wedding day breakfast at the Beazley's gorgeous home in Midtown

6/11/11 - Dad, J, me, Benj, Alisha & Mom before breakfast with the Beazley fam

6/11/11 - we squeezed in some time for a tour of Elvis' Graceland Mansion

6/11/11 - Elvis was so fashion forward with those jumpsuits!

6/11/11 - Elvis' final resting place

6/11/11 - father of the bride

6/11/11 - Benjamin, Dad & J

6/11/11 - wedding reception in downtown Memphis at the Madison

6/11/11 - Kristen & Michael cutting the cake

6/11/11 - definitely one of my favorite photos from the weekend...
Mom & Dad on the rooftop of the Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment