June 22, 2011

YOU ARE ENTERING A NO STUDY ZONE

J and I stayed busy this weekend, although not with school work. There were more fun activities on the agenda! We had brunch at Elizabeth’s on Saturday with our old friend Bernard J. Lanier (aka BJ, Beejer Weejer, BJers) and his lovely wife Samantha. BJ is actually the one who introduced J and I during that eventful Mardi Gras so many years ago. Guess that makes him our matchmaker, our cupid, our shadchan. BJ and Samantha live in Washington, D.C. but happened to be in NOLA for a wedding. It was wonderful catching up and remembering the good old college days over some praline bacon (yum!) and Eggs Elizabeth (grilled french bread topped with ham, poached eggs and hollandaise). I forgot to take pictures but pulled a few off the internet so you can see how great the food was. After brunch J and I hit golf balls at the City Park driving range. I am predicting that J will be ready to join the PGA tour any day now. Then we took Bayou and our newest addition to the family, Walnut, to City Bark. J and I are dog sitting Walnut for 3 or so months until my parents move into their new place in Chicago. I wouldn’t say Bayou and Walnut are friends yet, but I'm sure they’ll be buddies soon enough. Next up was dinner at Parkway Bakery & Tavern with friends. You will not find a better roast beef po’boy in the city, state, world! Yes, it is incredibly messy but so worth it! After devouring some delicious po'boys it was off to the Howlin' Wolf to see my friend Tim's band Birdfinger (http://www.myspace.com/birdfingerband) play. Tim is the lead singer/guitar player. And let me just say that I was impressed. Tim is so quiet and reserved but on stage... pure rock star! So yeah, J and I had a blast this past weekend and surely kept busy. Next weekend's agenda will consist of the library, coffee and tons of textbooks.

Time for the photo roundup...


6/18/11 - Egg's Elizabeth (http://www.elizabeths-restaurant.com/)

6/18/11 - Walnut & Billie Lu Bayou at City Bark

6/18/11 - roast beef po'boy from Parkway Bakery & Tavern

6/18/11 - take #1 and take #2... who knew this would be so difficult?

6/18/11 - 3rd time's a charm... Michelle, me, Zach, J, Kristina, Sarah

6/18/11 - Michelle, J, me, Sarah @ the Howlin' Wolf


No comments:

Post a Comment