May 18, 2011

HAPPY 2 YEARS

J and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this past Monday.  I cannot believe how quickly these 2 years have flown by.  It feels like May 16, 2009 was just yesterday.  There we were exchanging vows at St. George's on St. Charles in front of all our friends and family.  Then celebrating and dancing the night away at the Audubon Tea Room with an elephant, alligator and owl in tow! We decided to keep things simple (and cheap) this year by celebrating at home.  J made an absolutely delicious dinner, we exchanged gifts and then cuddled on the couch while watching a movie.  It was a wonderful evening at home!  J and I decided to follow the traditional gift rules so this year had to be cotton related (1st year was paper, 3rd year will be leather, etc.).  J bought me a beautiful cotton boll wreath off Etsy.  I have wanted one for years and was so surprised when I opened the package.  It's beautiful and I already know exactly where to hang it.  I bought J a 100% cotton Vineyard Vines shirt and made a card with cotton bolls drawn on front.  We have certainly had our struggles (living apart for 9 months being one of them) but God helps us to love each other sacrificially and unconditionally every day.  I'm so grateful to have J as my husband and best friend.  Happy Anniversary baby and cheers to many more to come!

my very own top chef
(what do you think of the apron, dad?  we <3 our cub!)

one of my favorite meals of all time... shrimp & cheese grits

100% cotton button-up & handmade cotton boll card

cotton boll wreath

picture perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment