May 15, 2011

GREEN THUMB

I was originally going to make the post title... WHAT DID THE CARROT SAY TO THE WHEAT? LETTUCE REST, I'M FEELING BEET.  And J's post title suggestion was DOWN & DIRTY IN NOLA.  All excellent ideas but I ultimately went with GREEN THUMB.

I woke up this morning and it was a gorgeous 70 degrees and sunny.  I could hear birds chirping and the Cabrini church bells in the background.  It was time to weed the garden!  I planted a few flowers/plants 3 weeks ago but there was already a lot of weeding to be done.  Not only did I pull weeds, I also picked up quite a few chicken bones (disgusting!), cigarette butts (yuck!) and clumps of black hair (gross!).  I'm hoping randoms walking down Orleans are to blame and not the new neighbors.  Below is my after pic (I forgot to take a before).  It may not look like much but it's much better than the 4 foot weeds that used to rule the roost. J is going to cut some wood posts this week so I can create a little border.  It's on his Honey Do list along with hanging up our American flag.


One day I hope to have a garden more like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment