April 8, 2013

HUNTER ED GRADUATES

As of yesterday, J and I can legally hunt in Louisiana! We spent all of Saturday and most of Sunday at the Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range in Houma, Louisiana completing our Hunter Education course and field test.  We passed with flying colors :)  J did so great in fact they asked him and a few others to stand and be recognized for their outstanding test scores.  J's finally ready to get some game!  Myself?  I'm not so sure.  I've really enjoyed skeet shooting when we've done that in the past.  But you can't even compare shooting a clay disc and a living thing.  I do not think I could ever bring myself to shoot a deer.  A few years ago I hit a deer on the Alabama/Tennessee border driving home one evening.  I felt horrible and cried off and on for days at the thought of it all.  It was very traumatic and that was just an accident!  If I ever go hunting with J, it would have to be for duck.  That seems slightly less terrible for some reason.  And if I end up never going hunting, I'm at least appreciative of all the gun safety knowledge I learned in class.


Houma is about 60 miles southwest of New Orleans.

The study material.

Our classroom at the Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range.

Our teacher Mrs. Linda (on the left) and a helper handing out our completion certificates.

We passed!  Hip hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment