May 17, 2012

HAPPY 3 YEARS

As of yesterday J and I have been married for 3 years!  Yes, 3 whole years!  We had such a nice morning together.  Our normal AM routine involves J walking out the door as I'm getting out of bed.  But yesterday he stayed home instead of going to work early so we could get in some extra cuddle time and open presents together.  While the present J gave me (a leather guitar strap) is awesome, I love the card he made!  It's wonderful and so sweet!  He put the A&P logo on the front of the card because that is my first memory of him... buying alcohol for Mardi Gras at the A&P on Magazine Street in 2001.  Soooo romantic ;)  That was 11 years ago.  Goodness gracious, where has the time gone!?!  Anyway... it was a wonderful anniversary with a wonderful man.  We babysat for friends last night so had a celebratory dinner tonight instead.  Pics from yesterday and today are below.  Happy Anniversary baby!  Thank you for another great year!  I love you with all my heart, all the time!

My present for J from Frame the Date.

We went to Redemption for our anniversary dinner.  The restaurant opened in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina and the building is a former church that was built in 1914.  Redemption Pros:  cool atmosphere, yummy appetizer, yummy dessert, and a very attentive and friendly waitstaff.  Redemption Cons: the main course!  Both J and I did not like our entrees.  They just weren't good.  I'm assuming people are aware because the place was practically empty when most NOLA restaurants would have been experiencing a busy dinner rush. 

My happy husband.

Our appetizer:  Crispy Avocado Cup with Louisiana Crab and Remoulade
We really liked the app.  It was refreshing and piled high with crab meat.

Our Desserts:  Mid-City Crepes and Chocolate Torte
They gave us both desserts on the house since we were celebrating our anniversary.  Wasn't that sweet?  The crepes were excellent and my favorite part of the entire meal.

Me & J after our anniversary dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment