November 18, 2011

J TURNS THE BIG 3 0

J turned 30 this past Saturday, November 12th.  You read that correctly... 30!  I can hardly believe it myself.  I've already started to notice some changes in the old man. ;)  J has to check a new age group box on forms.  Instead of stressing about acne it's about wrinkles and gray hair.  I'm still waiting for him to remark, "I remember when I was in my 20s...."  In 5 more years he can be President of the United States so get ready America!  Some celebrities that share J's special day? Actress Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries, Devil Wears Prada) was also born on November 12th. Actress Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) was too. Our friend Avery Davidson may be the only person to appreciate this next one... the bass player from Megadeth, Dave Ellefson, was born on the 12th as well.  So Happy (belated) Birthday to Anne, Megan, & Dave!  I thought about buying J the Book of Ages 30 as one of his presents but worried it may simultaneously make him feel amazing and miserable. A stat like "at age 30, you're older than 42 percent of Americans" doesn't necessarily build a guy up on his special day.

We spent the weekend in Pensacola Beach, Florida.  J and I love Pensacola!  Beautiful white sand, turquoise water, and only a 3-3/12 hour drive from New Orleans makes for a perfect weekend getaway!  We ate lots of yummy seafood and had an awesome time at the Naval Air Station watching all the planes perform. I know the Blue Angels are supposed to be the big draw and highlight of these shows, but J and I were mesmerized by the Navy's Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.  Literally mesmerized.  The Super Hornet was doing things that just looked unreal and impossible.  I highly recommend you take the opportunity to see one in action.  It's my understanding they do Super Hornet demonstrations at most Thunderbirds (Air Force) and Blue Angels (Navy) air shows.  Find one near you!

Pictures from our weekend are below.  Quality isn't the best since they were all captured on the iPhone but it's better than nothing.  HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY J!  Hope you had a weekend to remember.  I love you <--- THIS MUCH ---> and more!
















No comments:

Post a Comment