January 4, 2011

MARYLAND

MARYLAND
1996 - 2011



J and I returned home from Minnesota and found our Huff family cat, Maryland, had passed away in our absence.  I am so upset.  I feel as if I have lost a member of the family.  Maryland was almost 15 years old and had been with my family through 7 different moves.  Maryland, born in Maryland, went on to live in New York, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Minnesota, Tennessee, and finally back to Louisiana again.  She was quite the well traveled kitty cat.  A feisty firecracker at birth, Maryland remained so until the day she died.  It was common to see her instilling fear and sometimes even chasing the family dog.  Josh and I buried her this past Sunday, January 2nd, in City Park.  We picked a spot under an enormous oak tree with a winding bayou nearby.  Maryland was dearly loved and will be dearly missed.

2 comments:

  1. Aw so sorry to hear that, Kristiann. Maryland is in kitty heaven now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I am so sorry! I remember Maryland from your time spent in Alabama. I hope your pain eases...Mischief is 13; I am dreading the day he is gone. Have a good day! (PS...I am coming to NOLA for an interview in Feb. Might need a suggestion on where to stay.

    ReplyDelete