September 29, 2012

HOW LUCKY AM I


Why am I posting a picture of a pumpkin and tortoise headband? Let me brag/gush for a moment... J ran some errands today. He got a haircut, went grocery shopping, nothing major. We normally go together but I wasn't feeling 100% and had a book analysis to finish for school. He came home and I met him outside to carry things in the house. When I saw the pumpkin and the headband in the trunk I got the biggest smile!  How lucky am I?!  J could have brought home a dozen roses and box of chocolates but it wouldn't have had the same effect. For me, the pumpkin and headband were a million times more thoughtful. #1 - I've wanted a tortoise headband for 8+ months. I had purchased one from J.Crew a while ago and was incredibly disappointed in the quality. After 2 wears it would no longer hold its shape. #2 - I love holidays and decorating for them. J could care less whether or not we have a pumpkin on our porch but he knew I'd be excited.

There is an article I read on the Focus on the Family website last week titled Ten Secrets to a Successful Marriage.  I'm a HUGE Focus on the Family fan by the way! So, the very first secret says, "Happiness is not the most important thing. Everyone wants to be happy, but happiness will come and go. Successful couples learn to intentionally do things that will bring happiness back when life pulls it away."  Life wasn't exactly pulling my happiness away today, but I know that when it does, J will be there to intentionally bring it back with a pumpkin and headband :)  Thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment